In October 2018 an intensive seminar dedicated to Wittgenstein's rule-following considerations was held at the University of Leipzig, taught by Profs. Cora Diamond (UVA) and James Conant (Leipzig/Chicago). The main text discussed in the seminar was Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations, sections 138-242.
The seminar involved a close reading of Wittgenstein’s text, with an eye to understanding the overall dialectical structure of this entire stretch of sections. Anumber of the most famous passages within this stretch have been widely misunderstood, precisely because they have usually been interpreted with little attention to their role within this larger context.
The seminar has been recorded, and the recordings are avaialble on this password protected folder. For access, please contact gilad.nir [@] uni-leipzig.de
The Schedule and Syllabus for the course may be found here. The readings for the course may be found here. This page is password protected. If you do not have the password, please contact gilad.nir [at] uni-leipzig.de
Dates and Locations:
The seminar meets between 11:15am to 12:45am & 3:15pm to 4:45pm on the following dates and locations:
12. Oktober – Vortragsraum, UB Albertina (Beethovenstr. 6)
13. Oktober – Vortragsraum, UB Albertina (Beethovenstr. 6)
19. Oktober – Vortragsraum, UB Albertina (Beethovenstr. 6)
20. Oktober – GWZ Hörsaal (Beethovenstr. 15, Erdgeschoss, Haus 2)
26. Oktober – GWZ Hörsaal 5015 (Beethovenstr. 15, Erdgeschoss, Haus 5)
27. Oktober – GWZ Hörsaal 5015 (Beethovenstr. 15, Erdgeschoss, Haus 5)